National Trial Advocacy, 2021
MOOT COURT ACTIVITIES / NTA 2021
About the Competition
The Moot Court Society of Pravin Gandhi College of Law is elated to bring you their flagship event - 'Nyayavalokan, National Trial Advocacy 2021.'
This year under the aegis of Nyayavalokan, we are elated to announce a Bootcamp on Trial Advocacy followed by a Competition.
The Bootcamp will extensively cover the the procedural and practical aspects of conducting a trial and the various nuances that follow with it. The Competition aims to train and assess the participants in trial advocacy.
The Bootcamp and the Competition is limited only to the students of Pravin Gandhi College of Law (II-V year).
Pursuant to the Competition, a list of students shall be released who shall be representing the college in Trial Competitions for the academic year of 2021-2022.
The dates for the Bootcamp are as follows:
Session 1 - Procedural aspects of a trial
21st June to 23rd June, 2021
Conducted by Adv. Ashwini Achari and Adv. Nishkaa Suneja
(Alumni of PGCL and Winners of All India Gurucharan Singh Tulsi Criminal Law Annual Moot Court Trial Competition, 2020; Second Runners Up at Surana and Surana Trial Competition 2017 and Winners of G.H Raisoni Trial and Appellate Moot Court Competition, 2017.)
Session 2 - Practical aspects of a Trial
25th June and 26th June, 2021
Conducted by Adv. Vriddhi Maria and Adv. Labdhi Parekh
(Alumni of PGCL and Winners of the 6th Annual Adv. B.P Apte Memorial Mock Trial, Moot Court and Judgement Writing Competition, 2018; Second Runners Up at the 4th Amity National Moot Court Competition. 2017 Jabalpur and Rajasthan; Semi Finalists at Professor V.S. Mani Memorial International Law Moot Court Competition, Seedling School of Law and Governance, JNU, Jaipur; Runners Up at the 3rd Mahaman Malaviya National Moot Court Competition, BHU, Banaras.)
The Competition will be conducted on the virtual platform of MS Teams on 16th July and 17th July, 2021.
1. The registration must be done in a team comprising of 4 students. Individual registration shall not be acknowledged.
2. Team members must be students of PGCL and can form a team of students studying in II, III, IV and V year only.
3. Only one team member is required to fill the registration form. Upon registering, all the team members must join the Whatsapp group. (The link will be displayed upon submission of the form)
4. Certificate and Letter of Appreciation will be given to all the participants, provided the attendance is complied with in the Bootcamp and the Competition.
5. The registration is capped at 6 teams (24 students). Registration will be on first-come-first-serve basis.
6. The students who rank on the list created pursuant to the Competition shall be eligible to represent PGCL in the various Trial Competitions during the academic year 2021-2022.
7. Last date to register is 20th June, 2021 at 08:00 PM IST.